Landlord Buildings Insurance

Make sure your property investment remains solid with Landlord Buildings Insurance from NatWest.


Cover for your property

NatWest Landlord Buildings Insurance offers essential cover for your valuable property investment.

Some landlords with unfurnished rental properties opt for landlord building insurance only, while others choose a more comprehensive policy. However, the importance of including landlord buildings insurance in the policy is rarely disputed – it covers the very bricks and mortar of your investment.

What does landlord buildings insurance cover?

Our Landlord Buildings Insurance covers the building itself up to the full cost of a rebuild, plus the permanent fixtures and fittings for which you’re responsible. This can include those outside of the building, such as, for example, fences, gates and pavements.

Call us for more information on what’s included as standard and what can be added as an optional extra. You can also find out more about what Landlord Buildings Insurance covers.

  • Buildings insurance cover (either buildings or contents is standard - not both.)
  • Public Liability and Property Owners Liability cover up to £2m in case a claim is made against you
  • We'll pay to repair or replace your boiler if it breaks down, when buildings insured (excluding damage arising from wear and tear)
  • New-for-old contents cover (Contents only cover available for leasehold properties)
  • We'll pay to re-house your tenants following an insured event such as a flood or fire. (Subject to policy limits)
  • Access to our free 24/7 legal helpline
  • Malicious Damage cover

A quick guide to Landlord Insurance

Can I use my existing home buildings insurance for a rental property?

Many landlords are under the mistaken impression that their existing home insurance policy will cover their property after they start renting it out. In fact, a standard home buildings insurance policy is highly unlikely to cover your rental property.

It’s best that you find this out now and take out a valid landlord-focused policy as soon as possible, rather than learn that you’re not covered only when you try to make a claim.

Don’t take the risk of invalidating your insurance – get buildings insurance for your rental property today.

Combine your landlord buildings and contents insurance

Dealing with multiple renewal dates, payments, and policies can be time-consuming and sometimes also cost you more. This particularly becomes an issue if you intend to grow your property portfolio in the future.

Save time and hassle by combining your landlord buildings and contents insurance into one comprehensive, cost-effective package from NatWest, and take a look at our  multiple property landlord insurance  here.

Get a landlord building insurance quote now

Don’t put your rental property investment at risk. Call our expert advisors on 0800 051 4199 or apply for a  landlord insurance quote online.

Flexible and extensive landlord insurance

Read the overview of our landlord buildings insurance to see what comes as standard and what optional extras we offer. Visit our  Landlord Insurance  page, or read the residential landlord  policy document  for the full details of the cover you can expect.

Don’t put your rental property investment at risk. Call our expert advisors on 0800 051 4199 or get a  quote online



Why insure with us?

We work closely with a wide range of businesses, which helps us understand how you work and the challenges you face. So you can be sure we'll take the time to get to know your business, and try to provide the right level of cover.

Manage your policy

Policy documents

Retrieve a quote

Other Cover Available

Landlords Insurance

Contents Insurance

Buy To Let Insurance

Multi-Property Insurance

Commercial Landlord Insurance


Request a callback

* Please note, if you select a Bank Holiday, we will call you on our next working day.
Our operating hours are 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays.

Thanks, we'll be in touch shortly