call us to get a quote

0800 051 4199

Lines open: Mon - Fri 9am - 7pm

Landlord Insurance - accommodating cover

Cover for individuals and businesses renting out residential properties such as houses or flats or commercial properties such as warehouses, shops, or offices.

Get a quote online today Get a quote

Landlord Insurance

Landlord insurance is designed specifically for people who rent out a property. It is different to normal household insurance as it provides additional cover that you require as a landlord – for example, loss of rent cover.

In the event of a claim, we'll allocate a dedicated claims handler to look after your claim from start to finish

Our flexible cover allows you to add properties to an existing policy at any time, giving you one simple renewal date and a discount for insuring more than one property with us. Find out more about our multi-property landlord insurance here.

What does landlord insurance cover?

Our Landlord Insurance provides a high level of cover as standard, including public and products liability cover up to £2m. You can also choose from a wide range of extras, opting for the policy that best fits your individual circumstances.

Take a look at what's included here:

What we coverStandardOptional extras
Buildings insurance cover (either buildings or contents is standard - not both.) Yes  
Public Liability and Product Liability cover up to £2m in case a claim is made against you Yes  
Breakdown cover on your Boiler when buildings insured (excluding damage arising from wear and tear) Yes  
Option to increase Public Liability and Product Liability cover to £5m or £10m   Yes
New-for-old contents cover. (Contents only cover available for leasehold properties) Yes  
We'll pay to re-house your tenants following an insured event such as a flood or fire. (Subject to policy limits) Yes  
Access to our free 24/7 legal helpline Yes  
Accidental damage for Buildings and/or Contents when you've insured them   Yes
We'll pay for Loss of rent if your property becomes uninhabitable following an insured event such as a fire or flood   Yes
Two levels of legal expense cover available   Yes
Malicious Damage cover  Yes  
Subsidence cover   Yes

Find out more about how landlord buildings insurance and contents insurance work.

For full details on our Residential Landlord Insurance please read the Landlord Policy Document

Do I need landlord insurance?

If you rent out a residential or commercial property, a standard home insurance policy is highly unlikely to cover you. Rather than receive a nasty shock in the event if you have to make a claim, take out a policy that provides the cover you need to protect your property investment.

Get a landlord insurance quote

Give us a call on 0800 051 4199 (Mon - Fri 9am - 7pm) to discuss your requirements with our specialists or get a landlord insurance quote online.